Hanford Adult School classes are open to adults 18 years or older who meet educational prerequisites and criteria and can profit from instruction. All High School Diploma, GED and Adult Basic Education students must complete Testing and Orientation.
- High School Diploma (HSD) / General Education Development (GED): Certificated teachers administer the HSD Program and GED Certificate Program in “Learning Labs" designed to allow students to use computer programs to learn skills and earn credits. Independent Study (IS) is also be available for students who are unable to attend a Learning Lab. IS is based on available space and the ability of the student to successfully work independently. HAS offers students the opportunity to take GED exams and the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE).
- English as a Second Language (ESL): Certificated teachers administer ESL courses via the Adult School’s Distance Learning (DL) Program. The HAS Citizenship preparation program will also be conducted through the DL Program.
- Nursing Assistant (CNA): Testing Dates
- Welding Program - Welding Courses ($250)
- Older Adult Courses - Based on demand. Fee-based.