The HJUHSD Educational Services Office provides leadership and support for teachers by overseeing the development, alignment and implementation of standards, assessment, curriculum, instruction, staff development and support services.
College and Career Centers
The HJUHSD College and Career Centers provide instructional support activities and assist students with career and college choices and in obtaining scholarships and financial aid.
Hanford High Career Center
The HJUHSD Library & Media Centers provide a variety of services, including checking out textbooks and other educational and research material and supervising student study visits. Visit the Staff Directory for Library Contact Information and Links.
Somjai Cochran, RN, School Nurse, 559.583.5902 ext 4038
The HJUHSD Nurse is available to to assist students with health issues, including hearing or vision concerns, and provide a health care plan for pre-existing conditions.
Medications at School: All student medication - (prescription & non) including inhalers, require a doctor’s note. Most medications are stored in the nursing office. With parent permission doctor’s instruction, students may be given medication by a school employee.
Medi-Cal Applications: Medi-Cal is California's public health insurance program, which provides needed health care services for low-income families and individuals.
HJUHSD has adopted a Restorative Justice approach toward student discipline and safety. Restorative Justice is a process that focuses on the needs of victims and offenders, allowing victims to take an active role and encouraging offenders to take responsibility for their actions and repair the harm they have done. The goal is to build a supportive and safe community for all and to approach discipline as an opportunity to learn and grow and be inspired to make better choices. Each school has an in-school suspension / intervention center and has adopted their own value system:
- Hanford West: REACH (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Communication, Honesty)
- Hanford High: PRIDE (Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Diligence, Excellence)
- Sierra Pacific: ASPIRE (Accountability, Self-Motivation, Positivity, Integrity, Respect, Excellence)
Enrollment ResourcesStudents attend HJUHSD schools based on home address. To request to attend a school outside of their attendance area, students must submit an Intra-district Transfer Request Form. To request to attend a school outside of the Hanford Joint Union High School District, students must submit an Inter-District Transfer Request Form.
Our ultimate goal is to help students earn their High School Diploma and be prepared for the next phase in their life. HJUHSD recognizes that all excessive absences, whether excused or unexcused, place students at risk of not graduating and makes a concerted effort to keep students in school. We want to develop a positive partnership with you and your student. We believe in a team effort and realize that it will take all stakeholders to prepare the foundation for your student and ultimately prepare them for the challenges of life. Our staff, teachers, and Administration hope to work with you to help your student reach their full potential.
Help your Child Succeed
- Stay in touch with your student’s school
- Reinforce the importance of school
- Ensure they come to school on time and regularly
- Contact the school if student is absent for one of the 9 excusable absences (EC 48205)
- Schedule a day to escort your child to ALL their classes (if concerned about behavior-this allows you to witness their actions in class & around campus
- Sign up & check Home Connection often (follow progress)
- Work with the school to help support your student so they can succeed
- Encourage them to get involved and committed to thier education (clubs, programs, athletics)
- See our Staff Directory for a list of local Community Resources
- See the Student/Parent Handbook for more information about Attendance Policies and Procedures