I am excited to be your Principal and am looking forward to all the great things that we are going to accomplish and experience during your time at Hanford West.
Our Administrative Team has some new faces as well as our teaching staff, so please introduce yourself to us. We are excited to work together during the 2021-2022 school year.
We have some great events in store and are going to work on highlighting a lot of our programs on campus throughout the year through social media, so if you haven't followed us on Instagram or Facebook, please do so.
What we have in store/ What is coming to our HW Campus this semester:
1. The biggest push we have this year is the implementation of MTSS on site. MTSS or Multi-Tiered Systems of Support in the areas of Social/Emotional, Behavior, and Academics. We, at Hanford West, know that we have to support the whole student if we want to best prepare them for a successful future.
- From these beliefs, our staff has worked to create "The Husky Way" which are positive behavior expectations that will support students in having a positive high school experience.
- As part of our modernization, we have gathered the Student Support Services Staff into one area: "The HW Hub" where you will find many staff to support our students in the areas of Behavior and Social/Emotional:
- All counselors,
- Our bilingual clerk,
- Our student specialist,
- Our nurse,
- Our school social worker, and
- Our LMFT,
- As well as "The Husky Den" (formerly the REACH center), which will
house our two instructional technicians.
- A school start time change to 8:30 am allows us to offer support to your student before school starts with a "Zero Hour" which will allow teachers to support your students academically.
** MTSS is going to help our students proactively and immediately receive support and feedback to improve their high school experience and their learning. **
2. The modernization around HW will be happening throughout the Fall semester. When it is all said and done, we are looking to experience:
- Upgraded and updated Girls and Boys Locker Rooms.
- Upgraded and updated Girls and Boys Restrooms.
- Upgraded science classrooms.
- A shade structure over the stage of the amphitheater.
- An amazing new front parking lot. Completed and opened October 2021.
- An entrance and drop-off area accessible from Lacey Blvd. Completed and opened October 2021.
- A Student Support Services Hub (in the 100 wing).
- Renovated tennis courts.
- Upgrades to the track.
Thank you in advance for your patience, and continued and unwavering support of Hanford West.
I am so excited that we are working together to make Hanford West the best!!!
Hanford West Administration
Katy V. Culver, 559-583-5903 x 6000
Nichole Mendes, 559-583-5903 x 6008
Vonnie Contreras, 559-583-5903 x 6009
Learning Director (oversees Athletics)
Angelo Macias, 559-583-5903 x 6011