I am excited to be your Principal and am looking forward to all the great things that we are going to accomplish and experience during your time at Hanford West.
We had a great first year together and I look forward to 2022-2023 and all the improvements we are continuing to make and the successes we are experiencing campuswide.
If you haven't followed us on Instagram or Facebook, please do so. We would love to highlight the greatness happening at Hanford West throughout the year.
What we have in store/ What is coming to our HW Campus this semester:
1. We worked with KCOE (Kings County Office of Education) this past semester to continue to improve MTSS on site. MTSS or Multi-Tiered Systems of Support in the areas of Social/Emotional, Behavior, and Academics. We are working to build tiered interventions and approaches to ensure we are able to support all students at all times. We, at Hanford West, know that we have to support the whole student if we want to best prepare them for a successful future.
- Support can look like:
* Attending Zero Hour before school to receive extra support from your teachers.
* Attending a lunch or after-school session with your teachers.
* Attending an APEX (credit recovery) session before or after school to give yourself more time to recover missing essential credits to ensure on-track graduation.
* Talking with a counselor.
* Visiting our Wellness Center and talking with our Student Specialist.
* Asking for a moment to gather ourselves in The Husky Den.
* Completing our "Talk about it Tuesday" Google form and being honest.
- A school start time change to 8:30 am allows us to offer support to your student before school starts with a "Zero Hour" which will allow teachers to support your students academically.
** MTSS is going to help our students proactively and immediately receive support and feedback to improve their high school experience and their learning. **
2. The modernization around HW will be happening throughout the Fall semester. When it is all said and done, we are looking to experience:
- A shade structure over the stage of the amphitheater.
Thank you for your continued and unwavering support of Hanford West.
My excitement continues with our togetherness to make Hanford West the best!!!
Hanford West Administration
Katy V. Culver, 559-583-5903 x 6000
Nichole Mendes, 559-583-5903 x 6008
Vonnie King, 559-583-5903 x 6009
Learning Director (oversees Athletics)
Angelo Macias, 559-583-5903 x 6011