Schoolwide Learner Outcomes:
Hanford Community Day School (CDS) has a curricular emphasis on the California State Standards. This foundation also embraces the diverse learning styles and needs of the student population. Our Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs), cover general expectations, as well as, specific requirements. As a result, CDS Learner Outcomes are:
Critical thinkers and problem solvers, able to:
- Apply problem solving skills and logical thinking processes in a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrate the content and performance proficiency levels in all academic areas.
Effective communicators, able to:
- Read, comprehend, and interpret a variety of written and graphic material.
- Positive interaction between staff and students
Responsible citizens, who:
- Respect themselves, all staff members, and peers.
- Possess a positive attitude, a willingness to help, and a willingness to learn.
- Value punctuality and regular attendance.
Academic Achievers, who:
- Complete a minimum of 36 units each semester
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
Effective Planners, who:
- Have two or more academic status meetings with school counselor
- Discuss and plan goals towards college or career