Earl F. Johnson is a continuation high school. We have a credit requirement of 220 to graduate.
Our graduation requirement does include all of the HJUHSD content course requirements.
In addition, we offer our students the ability to earn credits through working and/or community service events.
We also offer our students the opportunity to be concurrently enrolled in community college classes for credit.
Starting on September 15th: Students are also able to earn Physical Education or Elective credits by participating in sports (volleyball, soccer, basketball, softball).
Juniors are able to transfer back to the comprehensive site if they meet the required number of credits by the end of their junior year.
Students also get priority seating in Summer School if needed.
Ways to Support Your Student's Success & EFJ
- Attend sporting events. (Temporarily on hold due to COVID)
- Attend academic awards nights. (Temporarily on hold due to COVID)
- Attend Parent Education Nights. (Temporarily on hold due to COVID)
- Attend 6-week progress meetings.
- Sign up and monitor AERIES Parent and Student portal for up to date grades.
- Check and review Report Cards/Progress Reports
- Ask questions of students and teachers.
- Visit us, call us, email us.
- Sign up for Parent Square messages via text.
- Update contact information so we can keep in touch.
To return to the comprehensive site, a minimum of 160 credits must be earned by the end of the first semester.
To return to the comprehensive site, a minimum of 195 credits must be earned by the end of the junior year.
Counselor is Available:
- Tuesday: 7:45am-3:15pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-3:30pm
- Thursday: 7:45am-3:15pm
- Friday: 7:45am- 3:15pm