Authorizations Tab: Data Confirmation Process
Para español, haga clic aquí
The authorizations tab in the Data Confirmation will display the various authorizations parents have to confirm regarding their students.
The following authorizations require a response from the parent/guardian:
Use of School Transportation
This authorization covers transportation for your student. A school district is prohibited by law from requiring a student to be transported without the permission of the parent/guardian. The activities of HJUHSD for which transportation would be required would be:
- Extracurricular trips for athletics, music, clubs, etc.
- Transportation between high school campuses because some courses are offered at only one campus
- Field trips in connection with regular classes
If you allow this authorization, you agree that your student may be transported by HJUHSD for the 2023/24 school year in connection with educational or extra-curricular activities for which school provided transportation is required. If you deny this authorization, your student will not be transported by HJUHSD for the 2023/24 school year in connection with educational or extra-curricular activities for which school-provided transportation is required.
Release of Directory Information
Allowing this authorization allows for the following:
- allows the photo release of your student - this is required in order to print your student's picture in the yearbook
- a California College Guidance Initiative account will be created (with help from a counselor and the career education coordinator) - this allows transcript & test information to be released to colleges through the CCGI platform
- allows recruitment release
Denying this authorization means the following:
- your student's photo will not be released - this means your student's picture will NOT be printed in the yearbook
- a California College Guidance Initiative account will NOT be created for your student - this means transcript & test information will NOT be released to colleges through the CCGI platform
- your student will NOT be allowed recruitment release
Please note: Students that attend events and/or purposely pose for group photos always run the risk of their picture being posted to social media despite denying this authorization.
Dance Expectations Agreement (only for those associated with HHS, HWHS, SPHS, HOC & EFJ)
Three of the highlights of attending high school are the HJUHSD Fall Formal, Sadie Hawkins, and the Prom. These are formal dances and we trust our students to dress and act with respect and dignity. With the exception of strapless dresses, school dress code policies apply at all times. Dresses that expose cleavage, have slits extending above mid-thigh, bare midriffs, see-through dresses, or sexually suggestive apparel or attire that is otherwise immodest will not be allowed. Students who arrive at the dance dressed inappropriately will not be admitted. Students who alter their dress after entering the dance will be escorted out. No warning will be given. Suggested apparel for the dance is as follows:
Men's Suggested Apparel:
- Slacks, dress shirts, suits, ties, or tuxedos
- Must wear shirt throughout the evening
Women's Suggested Apparel:
- Formal short or long dresses
- Dresses should be tasteful
Please refrain from wearing (with the exception of Sadie Hawkins): Jeans, hats/baseball caps, shorts, tennis shoes. If you are unsure about the appropriateness of a certain dress, please contact the administrator who works with your student. He or she will be glad to offer advice. It is better to base than sorry.
The following regulations will continue to be enforced at HJUHSD dances:
- Students must show a student identification card for admission
- Approved guests must show a driver's license or photo identification and an approved guest pass.
- HJUHSD students are responsible for both their own behavior and demeanor and that of their guest's.
- Students must be at the dance by 9:00 p.m. or they will not be admitted.
- Students may not leave and reenter the dance.
- Sexually explicit dancing (i.e. freaking, grinding, or dirty dancing) and dancing that may result in disruption or injury (i.e. slamming moshing, etc.) are prohibited.
- Absolutely no use or possession of alcohol or drugs is allowed at any HJUHSD dance. HJUHSD's discipline policies will be enforced.
- HJUHSD students and guests are expected to dress appropriately for the dance.
- Any person removed from the dance by HJUHSD staff is not entitled to a refund.
- Each pass is verified for accuracy. Any forged signatures will result in a forfeit of dance/event attendance by HJUHSD students and guests.
- Only currently enrolled high school students are allowed to attend the dance.
If you allow this authorization, you agree you and the student understand and agree that, as a condition of purchasing tickets and attending a Hanford Joint Union High School dance, your student will abide by the above conditions for dress and behavior. You and the student understand the consequences of not doing so, and you and the student will accept the decisions of the administration as they interpret these expectations. If you deny this authorization, your student will not be admitted to any HJUHSD dance.
Use of the Internet
This authorization covers the use of the HJUHSD network covered in this document. If you allow this authorization, you agree that your student may use the HJUHSD network while adhering to the policies outlined in the Network Agreement. If you deny this authorization, your student will not be authorized to use the HJUHSD network.
The following authorizations DO NOT require a response from the parent/guardian:
Advance Notification of Pesticide Applications
HJUHSD occasionally has to use pesticide applications on various facilities. If you click on Request to be Notified to this authorization, you will be notified at least 72 hours before applying to your student's school site. If you DO NOT wish to be notified, leave this blank.
Click "Save" at the bottom of the authorizations to confirm your responses.
After saving the data you will see a date and time stamp at the top of the page. This allows you to confirm your information was updated.
When you have saved your responses, click the "Confirm and Continue" button located at the bottom of all eight tabs to proceed.
You will then be able to proceed to the next tab: Final Data Confirmation.
You can find a video walkthrough for the data confirmation series below: