Income Tab: Data Confirmation Process
Para español, haga clic aquí
The Income tab in the Data Confirmation process collects household income information. HJUHSD is pleased to be able to offer free meals to all students! We still highly encourage parents to fill out the income survey in the data confirmation process as this data has a direct impact on funding for your student's school and helps determine eligibility to receive additional benefits like PEBT, fee waivers, and access to special income-based programs.
Number of People in Household Question
In this question, you will be asked to enter the number of people living in the household who share income (related or not). Examples could include:
- Other Relatives
You should not count people in the household who are economically independent. For a more detailed list of eligibility requirements, click here.
Choose the number that best represents the number of people living in the household who share income. If the number is greater than five, click on "More" and type in the number.
Monthly Household Income Question
In this question, you will select the monthly income range that best represents your household's monthly income. This is what you should include when calculating your total monthly household income:
- Gross Earnings from Work: gross income is the amount earned BEFORE taxes and other deductions. You can find this information on your pay stub or you can ask your supervisor. Net income should only be reported for self-owned businesses, farm or rental income.
- Welfare, Child Support, Alimony: include the amount each person in the household receives from these sources, including the amount received from CalWORKS.
- Pensions, Retirement, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran's Benefits (VA Benefits), and Disability Benefits: include the amount each person in the household receives from these sources.
- All other income: includes worker's compensation, unemployment or strike benefits, regular contributions from people who do not live in your household, and any other income received. DO NOT include income from CalFresh, WIC, federal education benefits and foster payments received by your household.
- Military Housing Allowance and Combat Pay: include off-base housing allowances. DO NOT include Military Privatized Housing Initiative or combat pay.
- Overtime Pay: include overtime pay ONLY if you receive it on a regular basis.
You can calculate your total from the sources above based on the following:
- Paid twice per month: Multiply total pay by two
- Paid bi-weekly (every two weeks): Multiply total pay by two
- Paid weekly: Multiply total pay by four
Choose the income range that best represents your total monthly household income. For a more detailed list of eligibility requirements, click here.
When you have made your selections, click the "Confirm and Continue" button located at the bottom of all eight tabs to save your work and proceed.
You will then be able to proceed to the next tab: Student Information.
I don't think I qualify - do I have to fill out the income survey?
I have someone renting out the spare bedroom - do I include them?
I don't see my monthly income as one of the options
I need to change my response but it won't let me
Does this replace the physical meal application?