Intra-District Transfers (Inside District)
Intradistrict transfers are transfers that take place within the HJUHSD district (i.e. between Hanford High, Hanford West, and Sierra Pacific). Interdistrict transfers are transfers from outside the HJUHSD district (i.e. live in Lemoore but would like to attend Hanford High, Hanford West, or Sierra Pacific). For Interdistrict transfers, see this page.
District policy number AR5116.1 allows students to apply for a transfer from one comprehensive high school to another on a space-available basis. Transfers are completely subject to both principals' approval and there is no guarantee of your request. Per Board Policy 5116.1, in order to ensure that priorities for enrollment in district schools are implemented in accordance with law and Board policy, applications for intra-district transfers shall be submitted within the following time windows only:
- September 1st - October 31st for current high school students for the upcoming Spring Semester
- February 1st - March 31st for current high school students for the upcoming Fall Semester
- December 1st - January 31st for incoming freshmen for the upcoming Fall Semester
Please note the following regarding intra-district transfer requests:
- Any student transfer approval will not in any way apply to or guarantee future student/family considerations.
- Students transferring during the school year MUST have approval from both principals through mutual agreement. These transfers will result in a loss of eligibility for 12 calendar months from the date of transfer for all athletics.
- California Interscholastic Federation Rules state that any student who completes a SECOND intra-district transfer will be ineligible for athletics for the remainder of Hanford High/Hanford West/Sierra Pacific High School career.
RESTRICTED ELIGIBILITY DEFINITION: Any student transferring under the intra-district transfer policy will be ineligible to participate, for any sport(s) and at any level that they participated in at the prior school(s), for 12 calendar months from the first date of attendance at the new school.
If you have questions about the Intra-District transfer process, please contact your site representative located in the sidebar or the HJUHSD Educational Services office at 559-583-5901 ext. 3118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.