Intra-District Transfers (Within District)
Intradistrict transfers are transfers that take place within the HJUHSD district (i.e. between Hanford High, Hanford West, and Sierra Pacific). Interdistrict transfers are transfers from outside the HJUHSD district (i.e. live in Lemoore but would like to attend Hanford High, Hanford West, or Sierra Pacific). For Interdistrict transfers, see this page. Please note that intra-district transfers are not required if the student is interested in transferring to Hanford Online Charter. To process a transfer to Hanford Online Charter, call 559-583-5941 ext. 7601.
District policy number AR5116.1 allows students to apply for a transfer from one comprehensive high school to another on a space-available basis. Transfers are completely subject to both principals' approval and there is no guarantee of your request. Per Board Policy 5116.1, in order to ensure that priorities for enrollment in district schools are implemented in accordance with law and Board policy, applications for intra-district transfers shall be submitted within the following time windows only:
- September 1st - October 31st for current high school students for the upcoming Spring Semester
- February 1st - March 31st for current high school students for the upcoming Fall Semester
- December 1st - January 31st for incoming freshmen for the upcoming Fall Semester
Intra-district transfers are not required if the address has changed, causing the high school of residence to change as well. All that is needed is to update the address with the current high school (i.e. if your student currently attends Hanford High but the address change falls in the Hanford West boundary, you would go to Hanford High to process the address change). To process an address change we require two proofs of address. Here is what we accept:
- Current utility bill for gas/water/electricity
- Driver's license
- Car registration from the DMV
We may also require custody paperwork showing the parent/guardian has primary physical custody of the student if applicable.
Current high school students can submit the paperwork above to the appropriate high school registrar (current high school).
- Hanford High School: Eulogia Avalos | email@example.com | 559-583-5902 ext. 4006
- Hanford West High School: Nancy West | firstname.lastname@example.org | 559-583-5903 ext. 6003
- Sierra Pacific High School: Mari Vega | email@example.com | 559-583-5912 ext. 2002
Please note the following regarding intra-district transfer requests:
- Any student transfer approval will not in any way apply to or guarantee future student/family considerations.
- Students transferring during the school year MUST have approval from both principals through mutual agreement. These transfers will result in a loss of eligibility for 12 calendar months from the date of transfer for all athletics.
- California Interscholastic Federation Rules state that any student who completes a SECOND intra-district transfer will be ineligible for athletics for the remainder of Hanford High/Hanford West/Sierra Pacific High School career.
RESTRICTED ELIGIBILITY DEFINITION: Any student transferring under the intra-district transfer policy will be ineligible to participate, for any sport(s) and at any level that they participated in at the prior school(s), for 12 calendar months from the first date of attendance at the new school.
If you have questions about the Intra-District transfer process, please contact your site representative located in the sidebar or the HJUHSD Educational Services office at 559-583-5901 ext. 3118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.