Here at the Library we do assess debt for a variety of reasons. Keep in mind this is merely a basic guideline and all debts are assessed on a case by case basis.
Types of Debt:
Material not being returned:
- Materials not returned to the Library in a timely matter will be charged to a students account until they are returned. Once the material is returned the debt is removied.
Physical Damage: Torn pages, covers, and grafitti are the most common types of damage.
- Grafitti: $10
- Cover Damage/Rebinding: $18
- Torn Pages: Depending on the extent of the damage and how it affects the usefullness of the book $5- Full Price of the book.
Water Damage: Water, soda, coffee, and other liquids can easily destroy books
- Water Damage: Depending on the extent of the damage can range from 25% to 100% of the cost of the book.
- Mold: Any mold will result in the entire book being discarded due to the toxicity of mold and its ability to spread
Chromebooks: Damage is assessed by the IT department on a case by case basis
- Up to the cost of the device: $450