Educational Services: 559-583-5901, ext. 3118

Applications: Special Programs

Attendance Areas

HJUHSD students attend Hanford High School, Hanford West High School or Sierra Pacific High School school based on their home address. Students who live in these elementary school districts are within the Hanford Joint Union High School District: 
  • Armona Union Elementary School Disrict
  • Hanford Elementary School District 
  • Kings River-Hardwick Elementary School District 
  • Kit Carson Union Elementary School District 
  • Lakeside Union Elementary School District 
  • Pioneer Union Elementary School District 
Attendance Area Boundaries
The Hanford High School attendance area includes:
  • Lakeside Union Elementary District
  • Kit Carson Union Elementary District
  • The eastern half of the Hanford Elementary District 
  • Kings River-Hardwick District east of 12th Avenue 

The Hanford West High School attendance area includes:
  • Hanford Elementary School District between 12th Avenue on the west and 11th Avenue and Douty Street on the east
  • The portion of Pioneer Union Elementary School District bounded by Flint and Fargo avenues, 10th Street, and the railroad between 11th and 12th streets 

The Sierra Pacific High School attendance area includes:
  • The Armona Union Elementary School District 
  • The Hanford Elementary District west of 12th Avenue, 
  • The Pioneer District, except the previously described portion that is in the Hanford West attendance area

Campus Maps

Learn your way around with these Campus Maps of our schools.


Intra-District Transfers

Students who wish to attend a school outside of their attendance area must complete a Intra-district Transfer Request Form. (To participate in sports, students must also complete a Supplemental Form: Athletic Transfer Eligibility Application.) Students may request a change in school to participate in the Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps at Hanford West or for other special needs. All Intra-District Transfer Requests are reviewed based on need and available space. To create the safest and most supportive environment for students, HJUHSD Board Policy is to close schools to Intra-district transfers when enrollment is at or above 95 percent of the school's enrollment capacity. 

Inter-District Transfers

To request to attend a school outside of the Hanford Joint Union High School District, students must submit an Inter-District Transfer Request Form